Please see the new Parents Video below, that helps explain the advantages and disadvantages of the internet as well as a guide to keep your children safe on the internet!
Information for Parents and Carer about online and digital safety
- https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk - Information for parents/carers to keep their children safe
- www.parentinfo.org - Help and advice for families in a digital world
- http://www.parentzone.org.uk - A website to support parents and carer with online safety at home
Guidance about Games
- www.askaboutgsmes.com - Support for parents about games and ratings of games
- www.net-aware.org.uk - Parents information about games, apps and social networks
- https://parentinfo.org/article/snapchat-a-parents-guide - Parents guide to Snapchat
- https://www.net-aware.org.uk/networks/tiktok/ - Parents guide to Tiktok
- https://www.net-aware.org.uk/networks/facebook--messenger - Parent guide to Facebook and Messenger
- https://www.net-aware.org.uk/networks/instagram/ - Parent guide to Instagram
https://www.net-aware.org.uk/networks/youtube/ - Parent Guide to YouTube
Online Safety Home Activity Packs are available from ThinkYouKnow at: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/Support-tools/home-activity-worksheets/?utm_source=Thinkuknow&utm_campaign=ac5e378742-TUK_GLOBAL_14_10_20&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0b545055
Online Safety Video for Parents
This video explores the positive sides and negative parts of the internet, popular apps what they are and how to keep your children safe on them. Techniques used in grooming, sending nudes and agencies that can offer support and help.
If you are worried about online abuse or the way someone has been communicating with your child online please contact CEOP?
Child Exploitation Online Protection (CEOP) is a law enforcement agency and is here to keep children and young people safe from sexual exploitation and abuse. If you are cornered about your child’s online safety, then use the COEP’s online reporting form – www.ceop.police.uk